Last date of revision: December 01, 2019
Coca-Cola European Partners plc and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“CCEP”, “we”) are committed to respecting your privacy and to manage your personal data fairly and safely. With this Privacy Notice, we want to inform you why and how we may process your personal data when you visit this site (https://schweppesmixers.co.uk) or when you have a business relationship with us.
Coca-Cola European Partners Great Britain Limited is the entity responsible or “data controller” for the processing of personal data in the context of this website (https://schweppesmixers.co.uk/). For other processing related to our business relationship with you, the CCEP company you interact with is the data controller. For more information about how to identify and contact the relevant data controller, please see How to contact us below.
- Personal data we collect
- Purposes and legal grounds
- How we may disclose personal data
- International data transfers
- Retention periods
- Your rights and choices
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
- How to contact us
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect personal data about you directly from you, from third parties, from public sources such as information available on the internet, as well as automatically, such as through your use of CCEP websites. In this Privacy Notice, “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. Examples of personal data include name, email address, IP address, and phone number. We may collect the following personal data:
- Contact details, such as name, address, phone number, email address, country of residence, emergency contact details, as well as professional contact details, such as company, and job title.
- Correspondence, such as the content, date and time of emails, chats, social media messages, and other communications with you.
- Login credentials, such as your username and (hashed) password, recovery email address, secret questions, and security logs.
- Personal characteristics, such as age, gender, date of birth, place of birth, civil status, and nationality.
- Preferences, such as your personal preferences for our products and services, lifestyle and social circumstances, family circumstances (for example, your marital status and dependents), languages, and marketing preferences.
- Transaction information, such as your purchases, customer account information, order and contract information, delivery details, billing and financial data, creditworthiness, and transaction history.
- User-generated content, such as your postings on any blogs, forums, wikis and any other social media applications and services that we provide.
- Website and service usage information, such as the hostname and IP address of your device, your browser type and version, your operating system, the pages you visit, the time and duration of your visit, and the website that referred you to us.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your personal data, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. For example, if certain personal data is necessary to provide services you have requested, or if we are legally required to collect it, and you decline to provide us with that personal data, then we cannot provide you with the services you have requested.
2. PURPOSES AND LEGAL GROUNDS
We use information held about you for the following purposes:
- Providing the services. To operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the website and other services.
- Communicating with you. To respond to your inquiries and comments, to provide you with information you have requested.
- Fulfilling your orders. To fulfil orders for products or services and related activities, such as product and service delivery, customer service, account and billing management, and support and to provide other services related to your orders.
- Managing our relationship with you. To manage your ongoing relationship with us, including managing contractual or other obligations, interacting with you, informing you about our products or services, as well as special offers and promotions.
- Marketing. For marketing and market research purposes, such as contacting you with our newsletters, surveys and other marketing or promotional materials, analyzing and maintaining our activities, internal management, and forecasting, auditing, developing new products, improving our websites, products and services, identifying trends, conducting market research, evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, measuring customer satisfaction and improving our customer service.
- Protecting CCEP. To ensure the security of our websites, networks and systems, and premises, as well as protecting us against fraud.
- Compliance. To comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies, to conduct audits and investigations.
We only process your personal data based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- We need your personal data to enter into, or perform an agreement with you, for example to process orders you place;
- We have a legal obligation to use your personal data, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data. For example, CCEP has a legitimate interest in using personal data to conduct market research, product development and internal analytics, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
3. HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose information to third parties with your consent, as well as in the following circumstances:
- CCEP Group companies. We may disclose personal data about you to other members of the CCEP Group of companies.
- Service providers. We may disclose your personal data to third party service providers who provide us with application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services. These third parties may have access to or process personal data about you as part of providing those services for us. We limit the personal data provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement. We may disclose your personal data as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the security or integrity of our services, or to protect the legitimate interests, rights, property, or safety of CCEP, its employees, users, or others, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or governmental or regulatory request or any other legal process served on us.
- Business transfers. We may disclose personal data to an acquirer, successor, or assignee of our company as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- Advertising partners. With your consent, we may transfer your personal data to third party advertisers or sponsors for direct marketing purposes, including targeted advertising, for example to reach a particular audience.
- Aggregated data. We may pass aggregated information to third parties but this will not include information that could be used to identify you.
4. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer your personal data to recipients in countries outside of the European Union whose laws may not provide the same level of data protection. When we do so, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data that comply with our legal obligations. The adequate safeguard might be a data transfer agreement with the recipient based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transfers of personal data to third countries.
For more information about the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards we use to protect such transfers, you may contact us through the contact information set forth below.
5. RETENTION PERIODS
We take measures to delete your personal data or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this data for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of services we provide to you, or that you provide to us, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our services, the impact on our services if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the relevant statute of limitations.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You can contact us at any time for assistance regarding the processing of your personal data. Furthermore, you have the right at any time to:
- Obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- Ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal data if you believe that there is no (longer a) lawful ground for us to process it;
- Withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent);
- Receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent or a contract);
- Object to our processing of your personal data for which we use legitimate interest as a legal basis, in which case we will cease the processing unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; and
- You have also the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for direct marketing. If you do not want to continue receiving any direct marketing from us, you can contact us or click on the unsubscribe function in any such communication.
In order to exercise your rights, you can send us a request, indicating the right you wish to exercise by contacting us as indicating at the bottom of this Privacy Notice. However, there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights. We may, for example, charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of its repetitive character. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights if, for instance, your request is likely to adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, prejudice the execution or enforcement of the law, interfere with pending or future litigation, or infringe applicable law. In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with a data protection authority.
7. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may modify or amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes we may make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page. To let you know when we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended Privacy Notice will apply from that revision date. Please check back periodically to see changes and additions.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices in general, you can contact us via email at email@example.com, or via post at:
Coca-Cola European Partners Services sprl/bvba
Attn: Privacy Office
Chaussée de Mons 1424
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your query relates to a local CCEP company, we will make sure that your query is forwarded to the relevant CCEP company. If you would like to contact your local CCEP company directly, please contact your CCEP contact, or consult the list of data controllers.